Jane Sheppard Jewellery collects data from you when you use our website and other digital services. We want you to be confident when engaging with us, so rest assured that any information we collect from you, shall always be collected and used in accordance with applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, contact us.
Why and how we use your data?
The main reason that we collect and use your data is that it helps us give you an excellent shopping experience. We need your data to deliver your product to you, and we can give you a more personal shopping experience if we know about you and what you like. For a full list of the reasons why we collect your data, please see below.
We collect and process your personal data for other reasons, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- To provide you with the product or service you have requested. This includes to process your order, collect payment and deliver your purchase
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, if we have your explicit consent to. You can opt-out of marketing communications at any time.
- To give you a more personal service by learning about your shopping habits and the pages and products you have viewed on our website.
- To monitor the performance of our campaigns and to help us improve our services.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Send you general communications including the order confirmation email and dispatch email.
- To administer the website.
- To provide a high level of ongoing customer service.
- To send you information about changes to our terms or policies.
- To verifying your identity.
- To keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
What data do we collect?
We collect data in various ways including but not limited to, when you purchase products on our website, browse the website, interact with digital marketing or social media, submit reviews, register on our website, opt in to marketing
The data we collect includes data that you give us and data that we collect automatically.
Data that you give use includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal information such as your name
- Contact information such as email address, postal address and telephone number.
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you give us when you subscribe to our newsletter or set up an online account. We use MailChimp for our newsletters.
- Financial information that enables us to process transactions, either on or in relation to our website. This could include your billing address and other financial information required for you to make a purchase or for us to process a refund.
- Any other information that you choose to send us including messages on social media or email. We may keep a record of this correspondence.
We also collect some information automatically including, but not limited to:
- Information related to the browser, device or operating system you use to access our Services;
- Your IP address, and geographical location
- How you use our website including the referral source, website navigation, length of visit, dates and times of visits, products viewed, clicked on, added to your basket and purchased. Shopify and Google Analytics collect this information for me.
How do I unsubscribe?
We love sharing our exciting news and new products with you but if you wish to unsubscribe at any time, that’s you absolute right. Click on the “unsubscribe” button on your email or email us here.
Who do we share your data with?
We may disclose your data to third parties for the following reasons:
- If we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or law enforcement request.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Jane Sheppard Jewellery, our customers, or others. This includes giving information to other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With third party platforms such as Facebook or Google to send you targeted advertisements.
- With trusted third party suppliers that perform business related duties and services for us. This Includes, but is not limited to Shopify who host our website, DPD who deliver our packages for us. Stripe, who process online transactions for us etc.
We require all third party suppliers to respect the security of your personal data, to only use it in accordance with our specific instructions and comply with applicable data protection law.
Retaining Your Data
If we are using your data for marketing purposes, then we will do so until you ask us to stop. We may require a short time period after this request is submitted to allow us to implement your request, and remove your contact details from our mailing list.
We take data security seriously, thus we take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access or alteration of your personal information.
Website transactions are processed using Stripe, which is a secure online payment gateway that encrypts your card details in a secure host environment.
Changes to the Privacy Notice.
From time to time, we may update this notice. We encourage you to periodically review this policy to check that you are happy with us holding you data.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data. You also have the right, to correct it if it is inaccurate or incomplete, delete it, or restrict our processing of it, for example, restrict our use of it for marketing purposes.
It’s your absolute right to opt out of direct marketing at any time. To do this, click on the “unsubscribe” button in your email or email us here to request it.
Your rights may be limited, for example if they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep.
A cookie is a small data file that is sent to your computer when you visit a site. Some improve website functionality, while others track your browsing habits and collect statistical data about how you use the site. This information can then be used to customise your website experience and deliver a better, more personal service. For instance, cookies enable your log-in details to be remembered so that you don’t have to log in every time. Others cookies measure how many times you have visited a sight, and which are your favourite pages.
If you want to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, you can change you cookie preferences in the browser. See all aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies for detailed instructions on how to alter cookie preferences for each type of browser (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer etc.)
If you choose not to receive cookies, some of the website functionality may be affected but you will still be able to buy products.